Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year In Hashing

I keep separate blogs for running and hashing because they're different parts of my life. True, on both sides I prefer trails to roads, but when I'm running I usually prefer solitude during training runs, to help prepare myself for longer races, while in hashing it's about the company. It's fun to help a newcomer learn about the hash, the history of harriers, the traditions that make each hash unique. Also, just to see their faces the first time they hear "My Name is Jack"

Also, while hashers might want to hear about non-hashing things, most runners wouldn't want to hear about hashing things.


Our first hash in Charlotte of 2010 should be a fun one, with an experienced hasher/hare (or so he says) laying a shiggy-fest. I run the trails there often, so I know the area, but most of the hash won't be on the trails, apparently.

Until then, more actual running

No comments:

Post a Comment